Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Tuesday, November 13

What is the bravest thing you’ve ever done?

 

Two things  come to mind: divorcing my first husband, and moving from Kansas City to Kingman, AZ.

 

Asking my husband for a divorce took a lot of courage. Even though it was a horrible relationship, it was comfortable. But, I finally reached my breaking point and had enough. I just wanted out. I didn’t care how.

 

I never thought I would leave Kansas City. However, after getting together with my second husband, my ex would not leave me alone. I, we, needed to get away from him. My second husband already had his new start – he had moved from Indiana to Kansas City after his divorce, so he was away from his ex-wife. By staying in Kansas City, I was too close to my ex. So, we made the decision to leave. It was a relatively quick decision too. We got married in July in Las Vegas, spent part of our honeymoon in Kingman, and rented a house. When we went back to Kansas City, we quit our jobs and were moved a month later. If we hadn’t made the decision to move then, we probably would still be in Kansas City.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment