Monday, November 5, 2012

Monday, November 5

I didn't get any writing done over the weekend. It was a whirlwind weekend.
We currently don't have internet at home, so any writing done on the weekends
either has to take place using my phone, or if we go to the library or my
father-in-law's house.

Anyhow - I'm back for today. Today's prompt has to do with the election. I
don't have my prompt list with me so I'm not exactly sure of the wording, but
it's something like what are your thoughts on tomorrow's election.

I, along with so many others, will be glad when tomorrow is over. I'm also
really glad that I'm no longer working in television - political season in
television is an absolute nightmare.

I'm voting, and I'll be voting for the least offensive of the two candidates.
You can decide who you think that is.

There are a couple of changes I would like to see made to the Presidential
election. First, I think the Electoral College should be abolished. It's
worthless, and makes me feel like it's a waste of my time to vote. But, I do
it anyway. Second, I think that there should be one candidate for each party
- no running mates. Then, whoever gets the most votes on Election Day is
President, and the second place vote getter becomes the Vice President. That
would be a true bi-partisan government. Neither of these things will happen,
at least in my lifetime, but I can dream, can't I?

No comments:

Post a Comment